Tsay Professional Services
This position is responsible for welding metal component to fabricate or repair products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welds metal parts together, using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- May locate and repair cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads, using inspection equipment and gas torch.
- Maintains and trouble shoots air compressors.
- May align or assist in aligning drive shafts.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or equivalent GED plus a minimum of three (3) years’ experience with each of the welding processes utilized, plus one (1) year working with air compressors, drive shafts, bearings, gearing, and mechanical belts. Successful completion of training from a Certified Welding Program. A valid Georgia Driver’s License and ability to maintain military gate pass access are required. May be required to pass employer performance tests.
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the welding of metal component.
- Knowledge of safety procedures.
- Skill in motor coordination and manual dexterity.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, fellow employees and customers.
Must be able to read and interpret various information to ensure procedures are followed.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 75 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment will require on-call rotation. The employee may be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold, heat, and inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices, such as respirators, masks, goggles, and/or gloves.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.