Federal Government Requires – COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated
Water Level 2 or Wastewater Level 3 or better
This position is responsible for controlling wastewater treatment plant equipment and machines to purify and clarify water for human consumption/industrial use and/or managing water systems including testing and managing/repairing systems at Ft. Stewart and Hunter AAF.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Water Operator:
o Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of raw water into treating plant.
o Adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water.
o Records data, such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure.
o Uses chemicals such a chlorine, ammonia, and lime in the course of operations.
o Adjusts automatic devised that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to
disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water.
o Starts agitators to mix chemicals and allows impurities to settle to bottom of tank, turns valves to regulate water through filter beds to remove impurities, pump purified water.
o Responsible for operations and maintenance of swimming pools and hot tubs.
o Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Wastewater Plant Operator:
o Operates sewage treatment, sledge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater
(sewage) treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage.
o Monitors control panels, and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage.
o Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings, and tests results to determine load requirements.
o Starts and stops pumps, engines and generators to control flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration and sludge digestion processes.
o Maintains log of operations and records meter and gas readings.
o May collect sewage sample, using dipper or bottle and conduct laboratory tests using
testing equipment, such as colorimeter.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or equivalent GED
plus, a minimum of three (3) years’ water and/or wastewater operations experience.
• For Water Operations: Must possess a Class II or higher Water Operator License issued by the State of Georgia.
• For Wastewater Operations: Must possess a Class III or higher Wastewater Operator License issued by the State of Georgia.
• If the Responsible Charge Operator for Wastewater: Must possess a Class I or higher
Wastewater License issued by the State of Georgia.
• For Pool Operators: Must have proper certification through the National Swimming Pool
Foundation (NSFP) as a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO).
• Must be able to obtain security clearance for use of government computer.
• A valid Georgia Driver’s License and ability to maintain military gate pass access are required.
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
• Knowledge of motors, pumps and valves.
• Knowledge of water/wastewater chemicals, uses, and dangers.
• Knowledge of testing procedures.
• Knowledge of safety procedures.
• Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
• Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
• Skill in oral and written communications.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, fellow employees and customers.
Must be able to read and interpret various information to ensure procedures are followed.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 75 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment will require shifts and on-call rotation. The employee may be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold, heat, and inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices, such as respirators, masks, goggles, and/or gloves.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.