Website Tsay Professional Services
Federal Government Requirement: COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
Must have and maintain a safe driving record and Class B CDL.
Work Experience Requirements:
Must have 6 years’ journey level experience and/or formal vocational / technical training as a vehicle mechanic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Diagnose mechanical defects in trucks, automobiles, backhoes, mowers, tractors and other mechanical equipment and determine the extent of repairs required.
• Repair electrical systems in vehicles; install and repair generators, starters, lighting systems, buzzers, warning devices and wiring; inspect, repair and replace wheel bearings, fuel pumps, water pumps and injector pumps; inspect clean and replace air and fuel filters.
• Repair fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
• Operate electronic testing equipment and other hand and power tools; operate a tire changer, and wheel balancer.
• Preventative maintenance on all types of vehicles and equipment
• Knowledge of methods, tools, equipment and materials used in journey-level repair and maintenance of motorized equipment.
• Knowledge of air and hydraulic brake systems and components.
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations and procedures
• Steam clean engines and transmissions; maintain the garage area in a clean, orderly and safe working condition.
• Respond to emergency road service calls and perform repairs as needed.
• Perform lubrication, oil changes, battery maintenance, tire changes and repairs, and servicing of equipment.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Communicate with vendors to obtain required parts and supplies for equipment and vehicles.
• Will be required at times to work odd shifts due to SNAIR.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Will be required to work outside, in inclement weather and on wet, icy, and slippery surfaces.
• Physical efforts involve standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, climbing, stooping, bending, stretching, and working in tiring and uncomfortable conditions. Must possess the physical stamina and manual dexterity to properly perform all assigned tasks.
• Exposure to dirt, grease, and fumes and subject to cuts, burns, strains, and skin irritations from solvents and lubricants.
• Must be able to carry equipment and tools up and down steps.
• Lift equipment and components weighing from 20 to 50 lbs, occasionally more.
• Must have close, distant, color, and peripheral vision as well as the ability to adjust focus.
High school diploma or GED. Related vocational / technical training preferred.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.