Website Tsay Professional Services
FLETC Glynco, GA
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, manage, and execute the contract according to strict deadlines and within budget and a safety conscious environment. This includes acting as the primary liaison with the Department of Homeland Security and responding to questions and requests to ensure all needs of the customers and the contractual obligations are met. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. The position will have proven leadership skills, ability to perform budgetary analysis and effectively track this information and then communicate it to both the government and the Tsay Corporate office. The position will play a critical role in implementing programs and procedures essential to operations and budgetary compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals and contractual requirements in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, corporate office, and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Actively manage the budget and assist Corporate with tracking and compliance.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas. Forward necessary information to corporate departments and customer, when needed.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Implement disciplinary actions if needed.
- Foster an environment of safety and safe practices.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Must have the skill to direct and coordinate these operations through subordinate managerial personnel.
- Proven ability to interface with and coordinate between both corporate and Government officials.
- Must have the ability to negotiate and sign any changes or modifications of the contract, and oversee the interface between the company and any vendors or subcontractors used in this effort.
- Must be able to make hire/no-hire decisions during the Phase-In staffing effort, as well as during the contract performance period when hiring is necessary
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The PM shall possess a minimum of five (5) years consecutive employment in a related field of Janitorial Services, demonstrated management skills, and strong interpersonal relationship skills. Must be able to pass stringent background checks through local law enforcement, the Georgia Crime Information Computer (GCIC), and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Strong and decisive leadership skills
- Proven analytical/budget analysis skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and proven follow-through traits
- Customer driven and highly responsive to customer requests philosophy
- Ability to prioritize critical tasks and multi-task
- Proficient in oral and written communications in English
- Ability to use a computer to communicate via email, retrieve reports, and provide reports
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experienced in Government Contracting from a Contractor’s perspective in a Cost-Plus or Firm-Fixed Price Environment
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, state and federal agencies.
Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Must have strong strategic and analytical skills and sound business judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 50 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The PM or his/her designee will be on-call twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year. The employee will work in an office environment.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.