Website Tsay Professional Services
Alternate Project Manager
FLETC Glynco, GA
The position is primarily responsible for oversight of janitorial function at the FLETC Glynco, GA facility. Plans, directs, and controls all activities associated with janitorial support. Ensures all contractual obligations are fulfilled, quality standards are met, and associated expectations of performance are achieved. Provides direction and guidance to subordinates, develops schedules, and formulates work plans. Acts as a point of contact for project site personnel, customers, and the corporate office. Assists the Project Manager with the leadership, management, profitability, and customer satisfaction of support at FLETC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide support to Project Manager, and act on his behalf in his absence.
- Communicate with customers on facilities support.
- Develop, and implement when directed, plans to support required support activities requested by the Government.
- Review ongoing performance results to targets and take corrective action within authorization.
- Identify potential problems, troubleshoot, and escalate issues to local management.
- Participate in post-mortem analysis of problems.
- Lead and provide input for future process improvements.
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning processes as appropriate.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with company employees.
- Foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment which is conducive to increased employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Project a favorable image of the company.
- Promote company objectives and foster/enhance a positive perception of the company’s work.
- Keep the Project Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Take prompt corrective action as necessary, or suggest alternative courses of action to solve problems.
- Oversee the janitorial staff to insure proper personnel management (qualifications & training, performance appraisals, salary reviews, and personnel actions), property accountability & maintenance, and safety/quality compliance.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The APM shall possess a minimum of three (3) years consecutive employment in a related field of Janitorial Services, demonstrated management skills, and strong interpersonal relationship skills. Must be able to pass stringent background checks through local law enforcement, the Georgia Crime Information Computer (GCIC), and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Strong and decisive leadership skills
- Proven analytical/budget analysis skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and proven follow-through traits
- Customer driven and highly responsive to customer requests philosophy
- Ability to prioritize critical tasks and multi-task
- Proficient in oral and written communications in English
- Ability to use a computer to communicate via email, retrieve reports, and provide reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experienced in Government Contracting from a Contractor’s perspective in a Cost-Plus or Firm-Fixed Price Environment
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, state and federal agencies.
Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Must have strong strategic and analytical skills and sound business judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 50 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The PM or his/her designee will be on-call twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year. The employee will work in an office environment.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.