Website Tsay Professional Services
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Head Estimator is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client’s documents and provides complete conceptual and total bid price.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates.
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Creates job folders.
- Reviews documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Makes an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Photocopies documents and plans.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or five to eight years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5 years’ experience as a Planner/Estimator.
Must possess Collaboration, Communication Proficiency, Ethical Conduct, Thoroughness and Time Management Skills
Certification from the American Society of Professional Estimators. Must have a Government Gate Pass or be capable of obtaining one. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.