This position performs various tasks for Roads and Grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Cuts grass using riding mower, tractor, or batwing mower.
· Trims hedges and edges around walks, flower beds, and wells, using powered clipper, weed eater and edger.
· Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth, using power tools.
· Plants grass, flowers, shrubs and trees.
· Picks up and burns or carts away leaves, paper or other litter.
· Repairs and paints fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings.
· May clean comfort stations, office and workshop areas, building gutters and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing.
· May operator lift/bucket truck to trim trees.
· May operate paint machine to assist in parking lot striping.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or equivalent GED plus a minimum of one (1) year general ground maintenance experience using power tools.
· A valid Georgia Driver’s License and ability to maintain military gate pass access are required. (CDL is preferred).
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
· Knowledge of general grounds maintenance.
· Knowledge of grounds maintenance power tools.
· Knowledge of safety procedures.
· Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
· Skill in oral and written communications.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, fellow employees and customers.
Must be able to read and interpret various information to ensure procedures are followed.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 75 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment will require on-call rotation. The employee may be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold, heat, and inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices, such as masks, goggles, and/or gloves.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.