Federal Government Requirement: COVID-19 Vaccine
This position is responsible for operating one or more boilers to produce steam or high temperature water. The term “stationary” refers to the type of equipment that these engineers operate—that is, equipment that is permanently set up and is not mobile. This position is full time, forty (40) hours per week and will be varying and/or rotating shifts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fires and operates boilers.
• Monitors and interprets readings on meters, gauges, and charts which register various aspects of boiler operations.
• Adjusts controls to insure safe and efficient boiler operations and to meet demands for steam and high temperature water.
• Maintains log of various aspects of boiler operation.
• Clean, oil, make minor repairs or assist in repair to boiler room equipment
• Treats boiler water with chemicals and analyze boiler water for such things as acidity, causticity and alkalinity.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or equivalent GED
• For Ft. Stewart: Minimum Third Class Power Engineer Certification by NIULPE (license will renew annually)
• For Hunter AAF: Minimum Fourth Class Power Engineer Certification by NIULPE (license will renew annually)
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the operation of boiler and/or chiller equipment and related systems with at least one (1) year experience working in a large complex system that supports specialized needs
• Possess the knowledge of boiler and/or chiller equipment O&M for a Central Energy Plant
• Previous supervisory or lead work is preferred.
• Must be able to obtain security clearance for use of government computer.
• A valid Georgia Driver’s License and ability to maintain military gate pass access are required.
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
• Knowledge of safe and efficient operations of boilers.
• Knowledge of safety procedures.
• Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
• Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
• Skill in oral and written communications.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, fellow employees and customers.
Must be able to read and interpret various information to ensure procedures are followed.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 75 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment requires twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week, and 365 days per year operations and will require on-call and various shift rotation. The employee may be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold, heat, and inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices, such as masks, goggles, and/or gloves.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.