Tsay Professional Services
The Roads & Grounds Manager is responsible for the overall management, directing, planning, and scheduling of work associated with the surfaced area maintenance including sweeping, grading, mowing and service calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of all allocated maintenance and service equipment.
- Plans and implements snow and ice control operations in full compliance with the Post plan.
- Coordinate performance of pest control activities in accordance with the integrated pest control management plan.
- Recommends hiring, promoting, counseling, and terminating personnel.
- Regularly plans and schedules inspections and evaluations to identify negative trends in work performance before the activity reaches an unsatisfactory condition.
- In conjunction with quality plan and section, develops checklists to ensure quality pervades all work.
- Performs daily surveillance of contract activities within the section and submits findings to the Operations Manager.
- Performs safety inspections of work areas to identify hazards and assure compliance with OSHA Industrial Standards.
- Monitors work areas to assure they are clean, orderly, and safe.
- Provides an atmosphere that motivates each employee in the section to achieve his or her full potential
Personnel management experience and experience in cost control, safety, and EPA/OSHA.
Familiar with the planning and management of significant snow removal and ice control operations.
Added preference will go to an individual who has Army experience.
HAZWOPER certification preferred.
Must maintain valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A degree is preferred; however, in-depth experience at a senior level may substitute. Must have at least 5 years supervisory experience of roads and grounds activities.
Preference given to applicants that have documented arborist experience or possess an Arborist Certification.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Must be capable of initiating corrective action or revision of internal methods or procedures, IAW regulations, directives and guidance from higher authority, to resolve problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.