Tsay Professional Services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. May be required to perform work in non-job-related functional areas as directed by supervision.
Work Experience Requirements:
Must have five years of experience performing inspection and maintenance of railroads. Duties will be to perform a variety of functions in the Roads and Grounds Department while primary duty is to inspect, repair, and maintain the railroad track infrastructure to ensure safe and efficient service to our customers. Will assist with other projects as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Inspect, unload, load, distribute, pick-up, install cross ties, switch ties, other track material and ballast.
• Inspect, unload, distribute, load, pick-up, install, grind, and transpose rail.
• Inspect, load, unload, distribute, pick-up, remove, construct, maintain and repair turnouts.
• Inspect, patrol, construct, install, retire, remove, surface, gauge, line and shift track.
• Inspect, protect, flag, construct, install, maintain, and repair road crossings.
• Inspect, protect, flag, construct, install, maintain, repair, paint, renew and replace bridges.
• Inspect, protect, flag, maintain, repair and construct culverts and tunnels.
• Inspect, test, maintain, repair, construct and install scales.
• Inspect, remove, maintain, repair, construct, and install right of way, sand and snow fences.
• Practice safe work habits and follow company and industry policies, procedures and regulations.
• Remove snow or other foreign materials from track infrastructure. Clean debris from switches. Cut and dispose of vegetation.
• Snow and ice removal.
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Will be required to work outside, in inclement weather and on wet, icy, and slippery surfaces.
• Physical efforts involve climbing, stooping, bending, stretching and working in tiring and uncomfortable conditions.
• May be required to use ladder or lift and work on structures or equipment above ground level.
• Exposure to dirt, grease and fumes and subject to cuts, burns, shocks, strains, and skin irritations from solvents and lubricants.
• Lift equipment and components weighing up to 150 lbs.
High School Diploma or GED
Must be certified on Railroad Standards and Maintenance and maintain the certification per UFC 4-860-03.
Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.