Tsay Professional Services
The PWO Manager will assist in the coordination and management of the design, bidding, scheduling, construction, and relocation requirements for relocation, renovation and / or construction projects. The PWO Manager oversees the overall bidding and construction phases sent down by the Director of Contracting (DOC). PWO Manager coordinates directly with Contractors, Representatives from the Directorate of Public Works and TPS’s Engineering Tech III (Project Coordinator).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assist in the management of several projects from proposal stage to final execution.
- Supervises Engineering Tech III’s (Project Coordinators) and General Clerks in the office.
- Works closely with the Director of Public Works (DPW) to ensure the Delivery Orders are submitted in a timely manner.
- Assigns Requests for Proposal (RFP) projects to Project Coordinators.
- Selects the Best Value Bidder to serve both TPS and the Customer’s best interest.
- Presides over pre-construction meetings, after DOC funding for projects.
- Discusses other topics such as: safety, working today, completion dates, dig and hot work permits.
- Liaison and negotiations with the customer.
- Negotiates for time extension, disciplinary actions, modifications to the contracts and other unforeseen items.
- Assures that invitations are sent to qualified contractors for project walk-though.
- Responsible for project migrations.
- Ensures that all monies are billed, received and dispersed in a timely and correct manner.
- Oversees any modifications that may occur due to unforeseen or other conditions.
- Establishes a methodology with the contractor on the particular project.
- Ensure that each project meets all contract and regulatory requirements
- Support Project Manager as directed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
4 year college degree in construction management, engineering management or a related field is preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing/executing projects (PWOs). Project Management Professional thru Project Management International.
Proficient in Microsoft Office — Good computer skills are essential
Strong written and verbal communication, analytical, collaboration and problem solving skills preferred
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Must be capable of initiating corrective action or revision of internal methods or procedures, IAW regulations, directives and guidance from higher authority, to resolve problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.