Website Tsay Professional Services
Federal Government Requires – COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The purpose of this position is to work with brick, structural tile, stone concrete, and epoxy-type materials laying, cutting pouring, pointing, and performing other construction duties relative to the trade and includes the following:
- Erects and dismantles working scaffolds.
- Lays out the job from blueprints, mixes mortar and concrete, installs reinforcing rods and wire mesh.
- Lays concrete blocks, brick and tile; applies gunnite, drills and saws concrete; pours and finishes concrete including screening, troweling and floating. Spreads soft bed (layer) of mortar that serves as base and binder for block, using trowel. Applies mortar to end of block and positions block in mortar bed. Taps block with trowel to level, align and embed in mortar, allowing specified thickness of joint. Removes excess mortar from face of block, using trowel. Finishes mortar between brick with pointing tool or trowel. Breaks bricks to fit spaces too small for whole brick, using edge of trowel or brick hammer.
- Determines vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using plumb bob, gauge line and level. Fastens brick or terra cotta veneer to face of structures with tie wires embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick.
- May weld metal parts to steel structural members.
- May apply plaster to walls and ceiling to complete repair work, using a trowel. Installs plaster and stucco, applies C-Bond expansion joint sealant.
- Operates required power equipment in conjunction with masonry work. May provide guidance and direction to employees in lower classifications.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Four years’ direct experience in the duties listed above. Must be 21 years of age to meet Fleet Management Policy requirements and hold a current valid Driver’s License. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three years related experience and/or training.
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the working with sheet metal.
- Knowledge of safety procedures.
- Skill in motor coordination and manual dexterity.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, fellow employees and customers.
Must be able to read and interpret various information to ensure procedures are followed.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 75 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold, heat, and inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices, such as masks, goggles, and/or gloves.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.