This position oversees the work of others and operates heavy equipment such as cranes, clamshells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates and maintains heavy motorized equipment.
- Operates equipment to excavate, load or move dirt, gravel or other materials.
- Reads and interprets grade and slope stakes and simple plans.
- Sets up traffic control devises around work sites.
- Completes work orders.
- Inspects equipment before use to ensure necessary repairs are made.
- Inspects job sites for possible hazards.
- Sets up schedules and ensures appropriate coverage for shifts and assignments.
- Monitors work, takes corrective action as necessary. Advises supervisor and/or management of work force changes that may affect completion of assigned work.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or equivalent GED
plus a minimum of four (4) years’ experience operating heavy equipment.
- Previous supervisory or lead work is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance for use of government computer.
- A valid Georgia Commercial Driver’s License (Class A with HAZMAT endorsement as required) and ability to maintain military gate pass access are required.
- APPLICANTS WILL REQUIRED TO PASS A FIELD TEST ON THEIR ABILITY TO OPERATE HEAVY EQUIPMENT
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of safety procedures.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in training and instructing the work of others.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, fellow employees and customers. Ability to oversee the work of others.
Must be able to read and interpret various information to ensure procedures are followed.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 75 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment will require on-call rotation. The employee may be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold, heat, and inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices, such as masks, goggles, and/or gloves.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.