This position performs preventative maintenance of buildings and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Replaces electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors
- Replaces filters, belts,
- Uses plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and
- Paints structures and equipment;
- Replaces damaged paneling and floor tiles
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or equivalent GED plus a minimum of three (3) years general mechanical, electrical, carpentry, or maintenance experience within the past 4
- Completion of a technical / vocational school in general maintenance skills or comparable training such as military/industry, experience may be an equivalent
- A valid Georgia Driver’s License and ability to maintain military gate pass access are
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Knowledge of building repair and
- Knowledge of general mechanical, electrical and/or
- Knowledge of drywall, wood framing, concrete and other building
- Knowledge of safety
- Skill in operation of hand and power
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing
- Skill in public and interpersonal
- Skill in oral and written
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, fellow employees and customers.
Must be able to read and interpret various information to ensure procedures are followed.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 75 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment will require on-call rotation. The employee may be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold, heat, and inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices, such as masks, goggles, and/or gloves.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.