Fire Alarm Tech, Level II
Website Tsay Professional Services
The Fire Alarm Tech inspects, maintains and repairs installed fire alarm detection and suppression systems in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and the National Fire Protection Association standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Duties involve a combination of the followings:
- Inspects fire alarm equipment and replaces defective components.
- Tests initiating and signal circuits, detectors, and system transmitter and makes needed repairs.
- Inspect and repair as required Dry and Wet Sprinkler Systems and pre-action sprinkler system
- Inspect and repair Mass Notification system
- Inspect and repair as required fire pumps
- Inspect and repair fire alarm control panels
- Complete service order requests based on the priority level
- Complete preventive maintenance orders as scheduled
- Minimum of 2 years’ electrical experience.
- Must have knowledge of fire alarm components.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting Fire Alarm circuitry and components.
- Must have knowledge of radio signals / speaker systems.
- Must have knowledge of low voltage circuitry.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- Must be NICET Level II certified.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school degree required.
College/Technical school preferred.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities; however they must be able to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb a ladder, or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 50 pounds. Must be able to carry equipment and tools up and down steps. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. Further, the individual will perform their duties at shoulder level and above at least 70 to 75% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will work in several different environments. Some on-call, evening, weekend, and holiday hours work will be required.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.