Tsay Professional Services
The Facility Manager is responsible for the overall management, directing, planning, and scheduling of work associated with the all work defined for the Savannah Port Logistics Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures all contractual obligations are fulfilled, quality standards are met, and associated expectations of performance are achieved.
- Provides expert direction and guidance to subordinates, develops schedules and formulates work plans.
- Is a point of contact for project site personnel, customers, and corporate office.
- Develops and oversees the Preventative Maintenance program and oversight of all warranties
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance of all equipment (once warranties expire), repairs and maintenance of the warehouse and ancillary components (i.e. rail line, bridges, roads, exterior lighting, exterior surfaces, etc.).
- Management and coordination of all subcontractors.
- Regularly plans and schedules inspections and evaluations to identify negative trends in work performance before the activity reaches an unsatisfactory condition.
- In conjunction with quality plan and section, develops checklists to ensure quality pervades all work.
- Performs daily surveillance of contract activities within the section and submits findings to the Director of Operations and/or the Corporate Quality Control Manager.
- Performs safety inspections of work areas to identify hazards and assure compliance with OSHA Industrial Standards.
- Monitors work areas to assure they are clean, orderly, and safe.
- Manages inventory needed to perform required work.
- Provides an atmosphere that motivates each employee in the section to achieve his or her full potential
- Communication with customer and tenants regarding service levels, service plans, scheduling, and requirements.
- Responsible for hiring, promoting, counseling, and terminating personnel.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in facility management. Preference given to individuals with experience in large warehouse operations.
- Experience managing a staff (10+) of trades personnel
- Experience in cost control, safety, and EPA/OSHA.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A degree is preferred; however, in-depth experience may be substituted.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, tenants, and staff members. Must be capable of initiating corrective action or revision of internal methods or procedures, IAW regulations, directives and guidance from higher authority, to resolve problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.