To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must have a safe driving record and maintain a valid driver’s license. May be required to perform work in non-job-related functional areas as directed by supervision.
|Work experience requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in pneumatic, electronic and DDC HVAC controls systems.
- Install and retrofit controls systems including conduit, wiring, controllers and termination
- Program, download and service systems to include software/firmware upgrades and reloads.
- Point-to-point checkout, start-up, software/hardware calibration and commission DDC controls installations in a variety of environments and ensure proper installation and programming.
- Understand and modify control drawings, plans, specifications, and mechanical systems.
- Handle DDC, pneumatic and electronic control variables.
- Install, repair, maintain, and adjust indicating, recording, telemetering, and controlling instruments used to measure and control variables.
- Disassemble malfunctioning instruments and examine and test mechanism and circuitry for defects.
- Troubleshoot equipment in or out of control system and replace or repair defective parts.
- Reassemble malfunctioning instruments and examine and test mechanism and circuitry for defects.
- Inspect instruments periodically and make minor calibration adjustments to insure functioning within specified standards.
- May adjust and repair final control mechanisms, such as automatically controlled valves or positioners and variable frequency drives.
- May calibrate instruments according to established standards.
- All other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Will be required to work outside, in inclement weather and on wet, icy, and slippery surfaces.
- Physical efforts involve climbing, stooping, bending, stretching and working in tiring and uncomfortable conditions.
- Will be required to use ladder or lift and work on structures or equipment above ground level.
- Exposure to dirt, grease and fumes and subject to cuts, burns, shocks, strains, and skin irritations from solvents and lubricants.
- Lift equipment and components weighing from 20 to 50 lbs
- Vision requirements: close, distance, color, and peripheral.