Website Tsay Professional Services
Federal Government Requires – COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position performs installation, maintenance and repairs on a wide variety of electronic household and commercial appliances and includes the following:
• Installs, services, and repairs stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, and other electrical household and commercial appliances.
• Connects appliance to power source and test meters, such as wattmeter, ammeter, or voltmeter; observes readings on meters and graphic recorders.
• Examines appliance during operating cycle to detect excess vibration, overheating, fluid leaks and loose parts.
• Traces electrical circuits, follows diagrams and locates shorts and grounds, using wire brush, buffer, and solvent to remove carbon, grease and dust.
• Replaces worn or defective parts, such as switches, pumps, bearing, transmissions, belts, gears, blowers and defective wiring.
• Repairs and adjusts appliance motors.
• Reassembles appliance, adjusts pulleys and lubricates moving parts.
• Uses hand tools, test equipment, lubricants, and other required items.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or equivalent GED plus a minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible experience in the service and repair of electrical household and commercial appliances. Ability to read various meters, follow manufacturer diagrams, calibrate, and thoroughly clean appliances and motors, and to diagnose repair needs and perform full corrective action required. Must be 21 years of age to meet Fleet Management Policy requirements and hold a current valid Driver’s License. Must have ability to obtain military gate pass access, pass a background check, and drug test.
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
• Knowledge of electrical appliance installation and repair.
• Knowledge of the use of hand tools, various meters, solvents and reading and following manufacturer diagrams.
• Knowledge of safety procedures.
• Skill in motor coordination and manual dexterity.
• Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
• Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
• Skill in oral and written communications.
Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers and staff members. Ability to write reports. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, fellow employees and customers.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift more than 75 pounds. The employee must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment will require on-call rotation. The employee may be exposed to noise, dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold, heat, and inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices, such as masks, goggles, and/or gloves.
To apply for this job please visit tsayfcg.net.